I came across this verse in my quiet time today. While the context of this passage is the Lord’s disgust with Israel’s leaders, priests, and prophets, I couldn’t help but think of our Christian world today. It made me examine my motives and ask some penetrating questions to my own heart.
For those of you in ministry, or aspiring to be ministers, here are the questions I’ve been chewing on:
1) What are my motives for doing ministry?
2) Why do I serve the way you do?
3) Am I in this for the Lord?
4) Am I merely doing ministry for some kind of vain glory?
5) Has ministry turned into a paycheck for me?
6) Am I really depending on the Lord, or simply claiming to do so?
7) What needs to change in my life so that this verse isn’t true of me?